Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am not cleaning this

What do children and puppies have in common? They both make messes so extraordinarily horrific you can't believe it's happening to you. Blog friends, you don't even want to know what I came home to today (puppy this time). And he was in his kennel of all things too! I stood there contemplating yelling "I AM NOT CLEANING THIS!" to no one in particular. No one would hear me. We came back home after running an errand at about bedtime, so the kids faithfully did bedtime readiness and climbed into their assigned sleeping places.

I considered calling my boyfriend to tell him how I was NOT cleaning the mess and seriously weighing out the pros and cons of unreasonably demanding he come take care of it.... when I knew he really could not possibly come.

It was the kind of mess that should be wished on the people who make and distribute computer viruses, identity thieves, the people who make snarky remarks about having too many children, and the general population of obnoxious teenagers who don't realize this is the sort of thing their mothers endured for their ungrateful selves. Why puppy? Why?

After cleaning the kennel, mopping the floor, bathing the puppy (who pleasantly smells now of coconut), taking a shower myself because I felt so dirty, lighting a candle and letting it burn for 3 hours, ripping open a box of new fabric softener sheets to sit open in the room (because you KNOW how potent that box is when first opened!)..... I am now blogging to cleanse my soul. And I even spared you the details. See how much I care for you?

I think the #1 thing on my to do list tomorrow is to schedule a serious nap. I believe after today it is well deserved and has moved to the top of priorities for tomorrow.

No comments: