Saturday, August 21, 2010

Things I need to do...

In case you wanted to be a little bit nosey and know about the loose ends I'm trying to tie up right know/a list to myself :


1. Start documenting recipes. Do you know how hard this is to do in the creative cooking process? I am horrible at remembering what I did after the fact. I created a delicious side dish tonight that I'm going to attempt to blog, and I wish that I could figure out a way to quickly write down what I'm doing as I do it. It's so difficult though... there is a method to my cooking madness. Which really doesn't leave room for documentation. Hmm. Dillema, dillema.

2. Check school supply lists. I have mostly everything, but I need to label (aaaaaauuuugh... the agony) supplies and be sure everything is accounted for and in the new backpacks.

3. Liam (4 year old) has a bad habit of losing shoes. In the weirdest places. Sometimes we'll be grocery shopping and I remember that it's been more than 1.5 minutes and I need to check his feet. Yes. He slips them off, usually just one (I can't explain this), while walking along. I think it's just to try to make me have an emotional break down and buy chocolate or something. Not sure. In any case, his somewhat new *cringe* sneakers have been MIA for a while... and he'll need a pair when school starts. Oh this child. (This one has had 4 flip flop purchases for the summer. Recently a pair did make it's way back home and we have 2 at the same time. Don't expect this to last long. Thank goodness for $1 and $2 pairs of flipflops)

4. Giovanna needs some random items. A) her lollies we bought her for cheerleading literally fall right off. Not convenient. B) a few sweatshirts for school. C) I need to pick up her sneakers from her uncle who rescued them from a vacation abandonment. Apparently the sneakers wanted an extended stay.

5. I need to do a "do raincoats still fit from the spring" check. We will be in rainy approaching winter weather here sooner than I want to acknowledge.

6. Miller needs a trip to the groomer for his nails to be trimmed. After numerous traumatic experiences trimming my dog's nails when I was in jr. high/high school...I will not be doing that again.

7. Research jogging strollers. Suggestions? This is not for jogging as much as it is for navigating sports' fields as an ATV type stroller with those big wheels.

8. Finish blogging so that I don't have my valid excuse for avoiding the dishes in the sink. See item #1 for explanation, if you skipped straight to the end.

This was going to be a blog about dinner tonight, and instead it morphed into a to-do list. Well... there you have it.

No comments: