Saturday, February 21, 2009

Answers

There are many times when I just don't have words. I know everyone finds themselves in that place from time to time. I frequently feel like I often don't know what the right thing to say is. I'll replay conversations in my memory after they've happened thinking about what I should have said.

But feeling like you don't know what to say or don't quite have the right words is different then not having the answers. What do you do when your kids ask you questions that you are still asking yourself? What happens when they are upset about things that also upset you? What do you do when they realize that something in the world is very very very not right, and they want it righted... how do you tell them it's just not possible sometimes, especially when they think you have a knack for making people understand everything and anything?

1 comment:

abigaildaniels said...

I remember my mom answering my questions with "I don't know, honey. I think that we should talk to Jesus together." Somehow it helped that even though Mom didn't know why, Jesus did.

I'm praying for you!