Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Review anyone?

So after my very specific

it's going to be a good one!


I neglected it! Agh! What is happening? Well, I have to say - I just got so giddy yesterday with the new blog look and editing details, etc. If you've noticed that ALL the links to blogs I read are down - it's not forever!! I will be putting links back up.

In any case, hang on to your hats. I'm excited about this :-)

I like to use reusable grocery bags. I would love to take the time to make some for myself but at this point in my life, it's not happening. Not soon anyway. I bought a few from our local large grocery chain, the Big W for those of you locals, that I'm not totally thrilled with but they aren't terrible either. In any case, I have trouble remembering them. I try to fold them in a way to fit them somewhere in my car that is convenient. And yet, somehow I'm still acquiring hundreds of those little plastic bags a month.

I have made a discovery that I'm so excited about, I gave a demonstration on the spot in the Big W in our town to interested folks around me when they saw the bag in action.

These bags may change my life. I have found..... Flip and Tumble.

Flip and Tumble bags are cute, functional, WASHABLE, and the same size as one of those plastic grocery bags all wadded up!

When I received it and opened it I thought "Oh, I will never get this folded again" until I learned there's no folding! Just scrunch it up!

This bag can easily be stored in my car without taking up a lot of room. It's also small enough to fit in my purse or diaper bag. I especially love the washable factor and that there's a little pad sewn onto the strap to make it more comfortable on your shoulder.

If you aren't excited yet, then here's more fun: Flip and Tumble is sending me product to give away!! So make sure you come back, as soon as they arrive the fun will begin!

Tell me, should I just pick a winner(s) at random? Or should there be some sort of winner of best contest entry? Like, most embarrassing grocery store story?

3 comments:

carole said...

Oooh. Today Peter was a ridiculous grump at Wegmans. :) And the last time I was there my debit card wouldn't work, so I had to leave my full cart at the customer service desk, get my older two kids out of the kid watch service, buckle them all into the van, go to the bank, come back, go back into Wegmans, pay for my groceries ...
You get the point. It wasn't terribly embarrassing, but it's probably the worst thing that's happened to me at Wegmans so far. :)

Kathryn said...

Just stumbled across your site while I was on Jenn's. I don't know what it looked like before, but it is BEAUTIFUL now! :-)

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Oh, wow, I am so glad to see all your posts now. For some reason my computer was showing new posts, but then stopped and I had assumed you just got busy and couldn't write. Now I get to go back and look over what I missed :-) I love the new look, and I really love those bags. Here would be a good quiz to give for the contest (although I am not sure how to figure out the answer): How many of those totally adorable bags could one fit into a 15 passenger van? Kinda like those contest with the jar of jelly beans, finding out how many jelly beans would be in it. I'm not sure why I thought of that! I'm with you though, always forgetting my "green"bags. At some stores here they even give you a few cents back if you have your own bags. You would think that would motivate me to remember to bring them. they are usually in one of two places. One, neatly folded and stored in my closet, or two, in some other room of the house stuffed with the oddest odds and ends by my 4 yr old! Goodness I'm taking up a bunch of room here. I better get to bed seeing as how my little chunky monkey has been a bit fussy today and who knows how long he'll sleep for!

Kerri