Friday, August 8, 2008

Gluten Free Friday Week 8

This week is momentous for me. Last Friday, I had been gluten free for 4 weeks. I don't really count 28 days as a month.. so now that I have been gluten free for 5 weeks, I've definitely surpassed the 1 month mark. I had said numerous times in the last year or so that I could never go gluten free and I have. It's amazing to think of what a vice food can be, especially when there are so many who are barely making it and I complain about not being able to buy my favorite food. Oh perspective, there you are again.

One of my favorite indulgences in my past glutenous eating life was honey mustard pretzels. Oh how yummy. I knew that while they weren't going to get me to give up my gluten free ways, I was sincerely going to miss them.

Enter... Lundberg Honey Dijon Rice Crisps. Dare I say, these are even better than the honey mustard pretzels? Yes, I dare to say they are. Dee-lish-us, people. They are so good. A little on the pricey side until I thought "Um.. are these on Amazon??"



Also, along the lines of chips.... Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream Chips are gluten free. ****Hallelujah chorus playing**** I'm just saying. In case you need to know that.

-----------------------------------------------------
Gluten Free Blog of the Week: Gluten Free Goddess

How do I begin to describe this blog? Helpful? Delicious? Informative? I'm not really sure where to start. I can't wait to try the post she put up today about how to make your own maple breakfast sausage - oh mercy. Like I need to be eating sausage ;-) but.. you know... for informational sake. I'll make the sacrifice to eat excessive calories for the educational benefit of you all.

Aside from the sausage... the other recipes of hers I hope to try soon are these : Sweet Potato Shoestrings, Vegan Peach Ice Cream, Pinon Rice Bake, Two Potato Salad, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones...... I have to stop before I make myself hungry.
----------------------------------------------------
I'm sure I've mentioned Pamela's Wheat Free Amazing Bread mix before... it's fantastic. Even better - the Pamela's Products website has other recipes involving their amazing bread mix. Including... pizza crust! We had the BEST pizza I've had in I don't even know how long. I know, I have a thing for pizza. I've mentioned it once or twice. It tasted like pizza with whole wheat crust. It's been so long since I had anything that delicious. We used a sun-dried tomato sauce that was perfection. And of course.... spicy pepperoni. I took a nice big slice, folded it in half and ate it NY style. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Not to mention, Pamela's has their annual gluten free recipe contest going on. You could win a $200 gift certificate!! Unfortunately, my gluten free cooking isn't up to creating my own recipes this year. But next year... watch out fellow GF home culinary artists!

Also.. I must be snacking lately. I tried C365's Chex Mix Recipe VERY VERY good. If you make this, expect it to be gone shortly. Anyone who likes Chex Mix should make this themselves. It's got to be much cheaper than buying it buy the bag.

No comments: