Saturday, June 7, 2008

Heat Wave

I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments you've been leaving me! I'm so glad to meet new Mommy Bloggers and am very encouraged by each of you.

I also want to say that a few weeks ago it was 40 degrees here and the last few days it has been over 90!! What kind of transition is that?!

I am very happy we have this kiddie pool and decided I needed to tell you all that it is a good idea. The kids have been splashing away staying nice and cool, all while tiring themselves out! This kind of pool is the hard plastic kind which has pros and cons.



pros : it has held up for a few years just great, no punctures from rocks or sticks, tears, or falling down at the sides.

cons : impossible to fit into your minivan for transport. We had to tie it on top of our van to get it to our house.

What do you have for your kids to help stay cool in the summer?

P.S. - returning this Monday, the M.o.M. Review!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been raining here - no pool yet! Glad your kids are loving it.

Unknown said...

We have the exact same pool! We have had it for about 4 years it has held up great. Even Isaac who is 11 still plays in it!

Anonymous said...

I remember those when I was little.... but no slide built in. How great is that??

Looks like a load of fun!-- Let me grab my suit and count me in! :)

Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

Cloth diaper question --

What flat fold do you use for your toddler? I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't get the oragami fold to go all the way around Lauren.

Thanks!

Erin said...

We STILL have not hit a heat wave out here... BOOO!! I love warm weather and am anxiously waiting for it!

Looks like your kids are having a blast! So fun!

Mozi Esme said...

Right now we're sticking with the sprinkler - compact and portable and waters the lawn at the same time!

David said...

Our kids usually have cool baths often. Living in an apartment we don't really have a place for a pool.

Then again, it would probably be pretty awesome to have a pool on our back porch. haha

Kristin said...

We have a heat advisory here today so since I'm pregnant we are staying in all day. I had planned to go grocery shopping, but plans had to be changed. Can't say I'm overly disappointed.