Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The unexpected birthday

Today little "Baby" Nora is 3.




Unbelievable. I don't even know how this happened!!! Through the tear filled nights in her first 6 months, to the constant praying through her stubborn "2 year old" streak that showed up early at 9 months, she's blossoming into this determined young lady who knows her mind. Remind you of anyone?? :-)

I write unexpected because her special little day was anything but what I had planned it to be. Fortunately, for the first time in the history of our family's birthdays, I ordered a cake from Wegman's. I had this very strong feeling to do so - so I went with it. Good thing because I woke up this morning with a sore throat, ears, and throbbing sinuses. Looks like I will not make it out of this winter unscathed and it's my first virus of the year.

Most of the day was spent cuddling all my "babies" while they all tried to doctor Mommy. My mother-in-law stopped by with some Orange Juice which was wonderful of her! And my parents had already planned on having us over for dinner since we do family dinners on Tuesday nights anyway. Just another example of how the Lord works it all out every time. Maybe this is how I'm forced to catch up on rest after the sleepless weeks.. not sure. But it certainly doesn't help the laundry and cleaning situation! :-O

I had a nice visit with my mother-in-law, and encouragement from her that the littles are only little for a short time. Which reminded me of a recent conviction of the Holy Spirit a few weeks ago that I will have the rest of my life to have a house orderly and just "so" the way I like.. right now I need to enjoy the very brief time I have with my children.

So, while the headache is not welcome.. I am thankful for the extra snuggles today.

Here she is THRILLED to have gotten the "Pigeon" to go along with her favorite book "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" by Mo Willems.

The little cake for Dora the Explorer's biggest fan! Yes, I used a tealight - I forgot to bring a candle to my parents' *sigh*


Today Shiloh let out a big belly laugh while we snuggled on the couch. As you can see with her sweet, ever rounding little face, breast-milk "does a body good."

1 comment:

Tara said...

Aww, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well either! Hang in there and don't forget to cut yourself some slack with the house stuff. (Heh.. I might be a little *too* good at that) Happy birthday, Nora! Shiloh is definitely putting on some chub... love it.