Monday, March 17, 2008

Finishing projects

For all of you who had requested wool washies to test out, they should be out by the end of this week! :-) I'm so glad the sickness is FINALLY out of our house after weeks and I can get back to doing fun things!

If you read my Ultimate Blog Party post you may have read a tidbit in there about opening my own little shop in the future, perhaps an Etsy shop... not sure still, but the profits for all things sold will go to our adoption savings. I'm working on designing a number of handmade items that will be in there.

From time to time I will ask for people willing to test items to give me feedback and will also host little giveaways on my blog! :-) This way I can get some feedback prior to finishing certain designs.

Anyway..... my friend Tara put a video of her daughter up some weeks back. She was just starting to walk, and it's the cutest little video of several wobbly attempts to toddle her way over to her Daddy (Tara's husband). In the video, she's showing off her cute little legs while wearing just a long sleeve onesie style shirt. Little baby Shea inspired me to knit little baby leg warmers. I've whipped up 2 pairs and in the pictures below Shiloh is sporting the pair I've knit and am sending to Tara for Shea to test for me (surprise!) since Shea was my inspiration for creating them.

This particular pair is 100% alpaca wool - super snuggly soft! It's a pink-orange kind of color. I hope she likes them, that they fit :-D, and that she doesn't mind giving me some feedback on them (pictures, pictures!!). Note to Tara : This is why it's taken me so long to send you my little cloth wipes travel bag, I wanted to put it in the same package!!




Here's a question for anyone willing to comment : What would you consider a reasonable cost for a pair of hand knit children's leg warmers? I've done some research into pricing, and also have an idea of what my own time is worth... but I'm interested to hear what price would be worth it to you if you'd use them on your baby. Note : lots of cd'ing mammas put little leg warmers on their babies in case this is the first time you've heard of such a thing! And I personally think they're better to put on a little girl under a dress than stockings!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

The leg warmers are so cute! If I had a baby I would buy some! =)

Oh I am so glad you can come on Thursday night! I look forward to having you here!

Thanks for your ideas..I am totally open to something like that I am just not very creative so it takes me a while to get ideas up. I have done lots of photography stuff at home and am wanting to get back into that its just that I don't have all the equipment I need. so we will see what happens with all that...

See you soon!

Rissa said...

I love them!!! Jack has some blue and brown baby legs... I'm seriously in love with them more than any other item of clothing that he has. They look so cute with his wool diaper cover and a little shirt! I think they were about $13. However, they're not home/handmade and they're not scrumptiously soft wool. I think $15 or so is completely reasonable, though for something so cute I might even spend more.
Man, I need to learn to knit! :)

Tara said...

Oh wow! Those are adorable! You are so sweet to make some for Shea-- thank you!!!

I need to get your package in the mail too, except I don't have any good excuse. Look for it soon!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How long did they take to make? I always consider time, as well as cost of materials!

Steph

Autumn said...

For hand knit I'd say atleast $20. Those are very cute!

Autumn Beck
http://allaboutclothdiapers.com