Wednesday, November 28, 2007

When I am afraid...

It's so easy to become inattentively comfortable. In the "discomforts" we experience when we're comfortable we forget that we're sailing smoothly. Because in an instant it can all change, and the things that were worries before all of a sudden become trivial.

In just a simple phone call you can realize that maybe tomorrow won't be as planned, it won't be remotely close to the same as today, maybe life is going to become uncomfortable. With all the Lord has been teaching me about faith I can very clearly feel fear trying to grip my soul... but what is so scary? What do I have to be afraid of?

Psalm 53:3-4

When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

In all the world, there is no one who is as good to me as my God, and there is no thing that can bring me peace like my God.

And as I pray and proclaim "I will trust in You, I will trust in You" another verse comes to mind and comforts me.

Psalm 84:12

The Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.


No comments: