Sunday, October 18, 2009

Major Flaw

I have my laptop back! My power cord has three parts. One that plugs into the wall, one part from the power brick to another part which is an attachment that plugs into the comptuer. The last part is only about 2 - 3 inches long. This poses a problem when it becomes disconnected from the rest. It also seems to scream out to my children "Unplug me from the rest!!" Usually when it is taken it resurfaces again shortly. This time it has been missing for about 2 weeks now. Isn't it amazing how reliant we become on internet access?

I do everything online from paying bills, to balancing my checkbook, to shopping, to research and homework, to menu planning and making a grocery list at the local store with their online sales flyer, to using recipes and looking up new ones. Why have paper copies when it's all bookmarked? Yikes, I'm learning my lesson!

In our area of the country the fall weather has had a bite to it, constantly reminding us that winter is around the corner. Today the kids and I got pumpkins from a local farm. Costume planning is causing great excitement around here, along with upcoming school parties.

We have a fire going every day now to keep the house toasty and warm. How quickly that was needed! All the kids are outfitted with coats, snowpants, hats, mittens, and scarves for the year. Now we just have to work on boots, which may sadly be a necessity in a matter of weeks.

This year everyone has their own rubbermaid shoe box for their outdoor accessories. Previously I had done boys and girls bins. Then we did individual bins last year for each person's winter items. Now I've learned it's even more organized to have everyone get out the door if their shoe box only contains their daily hat, scarf, and mittens. This way they aren't searching and digging and creating general disorganization. Extras and spares are kept in bins seperately up high in the closet. Hmmm... I'm going to have to get a mat for wet boots too!

How do you organize and store all your winter necessities?

1 comment:

Diane Shiffer said...

I have one of those toy racks with bins in my front hall- it holds everything from slippers to mittens, and the bins are different colored so I can color code the kids' stuff. Doesn't look so great, but it works great, and that's enough for me, lol. I even posted about it a while back.. here ya go:
http://tomatosoupcake.blogspot.com/2009/03/now-for-something-completely-practical.html