Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm amused

My children amuse me. They say and do the strangest things that appear completely normal to them.

For instance as I sit here, Liam keeps trying to see if he can sneak in licking my arm without me noticing. Why? I don't know. When I look at him he averts his gaze as if he's thinking about running off and doing something else.

The other day we realized how much our kids have associated gluten as a negative, when we heard Nora say "Hey don't say that! That's gluten!"

Giovanna has taken to using this phrase if I happen to spice up what I'm wearing (if I wear something nicer instead of holey jeans and an old t-shirt I don't mind destroying while cleaning) "Hey! Why are you lookin' fancy!??!"

Isaac's obsession with Star Wars has reached an all time high now that my sister took him to see Clone Wars. Everything is turned into a light saber if he's not actually playing with one of the three light sabers in the house. He's commonly shouting "Hey! Padmé!" to get one of the girls attention... and they actually responding now. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that he's taken to occasionally referring to me as Chewbacca. Why can't I be Princess Leia?

2 comments:

Precision Quality Laser said...

LOL...hilarious,,,"you can't say that!. That's gluten!" Kids are so funny.

If it's any consolation, I think you would make a better Princess Leia than a Chewbacca :)

David said...

LOL! I love Chewie.

Let the Wookie win!