Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shoppin' for Adoption

I have mentioned to a few people that I have a store through Amazon.com The store is essentially my way of referring you to products on Amazon. I can put anything in the store that is not there already that you would be interested in. I currently have items that different people have asked for, or favorites of mine. I receive a small referral bonus for every purchase.

All referral bonuses earned are going towards adoption expenses!

Our first step we're taking in this journey of faith, is to go to a training on Ethiopian adoption. The training itself is not very expensive. But considering all expenses of traveling (mostly pricey airfare) we've estimated that it will be around $1500 for the two of us. So far, we have 5% saved towards the training towards the end of this year :-)

So if you plan to make a purchase anytime soon through Amazon, would you consider My Store?

4 comments:

Rissa said...

I've been meaning to ask you about this!

My mom uses Amazon aaallllllllll the time and I told her about your store. She said she'd love to use it, but she wants to know - can she still get free shipping if she orders on there? She is a "prime" member, and apparently one of the perks is free shipping on items that have the word "prime" below them. So let me know about that!

I always buy all of my Amazon stuff through her membership so I'll use your store, too!

brietta said...

I was going to ask about the prime stuff, too, because we're members. 'Cause if it still works, these are things I plan on ordering in the next couple days that maybe you could add to your store so I can buy them through you!

"Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings" bhy Marian M. Schoolland

"Home Start in Reading" by Ruth Beechick

"The Children's Bible in 365 Stories" by Mary Batchelor

Bodum Chambord 8-cup Coffee Press

Peter Sadler Brown 55 Ounce Tea Pot

Unknown said...

Definitely will let you know if I will be purchasing anything!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Great idea! Adoption is such a beautiful -- but expensive -- journey.