Thursday, December 6, 2007

Maybe more later

Here are some tired thoughts:

*Giovanna came running into our room this morning pronouncing "I'm four! I'm four! I'm fooooooooour!" She could not speak, everything that came out of her mouth was in song. She has been looking forward to her birthday since April. It is impossible to believe that it was 4 years ago that Jake was deployed... it's such a sharp, jagged memory, that year he was gone and the year after he was back. The time since then has gone by much more quickly :-)

*Nora unraveled a half roll of toilet paper all over the boys' room last night as I was trying to have us all ready to go out the door when Jake came home. I was silly enough to ask her why. She looked at me as if I had 2 heads and then I remembered - she is only 2... I just keep forgetting because she's so verbal and logical.

*Isaac has decided we should all eat snow for Giovanna's birthday dinner.

*Bless her heart, my friend Nina bought me a new pack n play for this baby. I'm so excited. I really wanted it to have the baby sleep with us during the early weeks, we don't have a pack n play at the house here anymore plus it has a diaper changing station and we're going to be getting rid of our dresser with the changing table. On top of which, it's adorable. I can't wait to go pick it up.

*There is so much that needs to be done around the house and I'm just trying to make it through the afternoon to hopefully rest during nap time. Aren't you supposed to get a burst of energy before having a baby? I'm having the reverse symptoms.

*This baby has decided against coming out. Ever.

*I really need to find/unpack/wash the baby clothes. Especially the snowsuit. I haven't seen it since Nora was a baby.

*Sleep. I need sleep.

Maybe I'll write something substantial later. I had something of interest, provoking thought that came to mind last night. Now I'm too Mom to care. :-)

No comments: