Monday, December 10, 2007

Delicious

Here are two recipes that I tried recently that were delicious and very, very easy!

Darlene recently posted a blog with desserts (see the post on 12/04/07). We made the fruit crumb bars for Giovanna's birthday since she likes cherries a lot. It was a big hit!

Three-Cheese Ravioli with Spinach & Spicy Arrabiata Sauce


Only, I made it a little differently to cost less :-)

I used the cheapest frozen ravioli wegman's had as it was like, 1/3 of the cost of the ravioli they call for in the recipe.

I do not use Wegman's basting oil since it's around $7.99 a bottle. So instead, I put my oil in a saute pan - added a pressed a clove of garlic, some Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (the spice). My husband likes really spicy food, if you don't then leave out the red pepper.

I did get the Arrabiata sauce to give it a try. I tasted it upon opening, and while it may be "medium" on the heat meter for some people I knew it wouldn't cut it for Jake - that's why I added the crushed red pepper. So in the future I'll buy some pasta sauce that's much cheaper since I'll be adding the crushed red pepper!

No comments: